Thursday, January 1, 2009

Playlist: Top Tracks Of 2008

Here's a list of my 20 favorite tracks from 2008, in descending order. The song has to stand out from the rest of its album in order to qualify, and thus I excluded songs from my favorite albums of the year. Also, I'm not going to put any album art because, well, it's annoying.

20. "Lost Verses" by Sun Kil Moon off of April
19. "Poor Old Ra" by The Pica Beats off of Beating Back The Claws Of The Cold
18. "Beg Waves" by Ponytail off of Ice Cream Spiritual
17. "Namer" by High Places off the self-titled album
16. "Bang Your Drum" by Wolf Parade off of At Mount Zoomer
15. "Things I Did When I Was Dead" by No Age off of Nouns
14. "Untrust Us" by Crystal Castles off the self-titled album
13. "Give Arm To Its Socket" by Republic Tigers off of Keep Color
12. "Leaves Grow" by Butter Days off of The Habit Of Making Up
11. "Paperback Suicide" by Evangelicals off of The Evening Descends
10. "Lump Sum" by Bon Iver off of For Emma, Forever Ago
09. "Godan Daginn" by Sigur Ros off of Med Sud I Eyrum Vid Spilum Endalaust
08. "Out There On The Ice" by Cut Copy off of In Ghost Colors
07. "Cath..." by Death Cab For Cutie off of Narrow Stairs
06. "God & Suicide" by Blitzen Trapper off of Furr
05. "Kids" by MGMT off of Oracular Spectacular
04. "Orphaned" by Max Tundra off of Parallax Error Beheads You
03. "Cobwebs" by Animal Collective off of Water Curses
02. "Tom & Jerry" by Hecuba off of Sir
01. "The Rabbit, The Bat & The Reindeer" by Dr. Dog off of Fate

I've provided links using Elbows music blog aggregator for your mp3-downloading pleasure. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jessica Man said...

Is number 12 Butter Days as in Butter Days from Brown as in Butter Days the band that my TA Jimmy is in?????!